Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thanksgiving for Thomas

Hello everyone,
Thank you all for your messages of condolence, support and sympathy. Gods miracle was Thomas. He touched so many lives, how many we will never know. When he went, peace descended.
I have replied to mostly all our friends and family by now. I ask that you please be patient with me if I haven't reached you yet.
We have arranged Thomas' Thanksgiving Service and Burial, to be on Friday 7th March at Bunurong Memorial Park at 790 Frankston Dandenong Road, Dandenong South, the time is 3.30pm. There is a notice in the Herald Sun on Wednesday from the Funeral Directors who are Kingston Funeral Services Cheltenham.
We have asked that instead of buying a floral tribute for Thomas that you would consider making a donation to Down Syndrome Victoria. The staff at Down Syndrome Victoria have been wonderful. They have supported me immensely, helped me come to terms with having a baby with Down Syndrome, showed me that it is a life of promise and fulfilment and they have also stood with me through the grief and pain of Thomas' time in hospital. I could not have had more professional and empathetic care. A donation would be a way to continue that good work that only they are doing. We will have some envelopes.
Thankyou
Please don't feel that you will have to leave your babies and children at home. We will love to see you all if you feel it is appropriate in your situation.
As always, Love to all of you from all of us
Julie, Dean, Rowan and Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment